Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Writer's Block Cures

This is an article I found on the TechLearning blog about writer's block. Essentially, if you have writer's block, you're not trying hard enough. It's a good read, enough to make you stop whining and start creating.
Writer's block? There's no such thing


As I mentioned in the mission statement, I want to discover more about educational technology, so send me something you find interesting. One of my favorite finds is a freeware mind-mapping software called FreeMind. If you've used Inspiration, this is a similar software that allows you to visually map out ideas. This is another way to defeat writer's block, as it lets you spread out your thoughts. I still may prefer pencil and paper, but I could get used to this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Freemind and I have my students use it for concept maps. I feel like I actually get a better sense of how they are thinking about history using Freemind than I do when I read their essays.